Our current areawide agreement is set to expire on May 31st, 2023. After the contractors’ first proposal was voted down on May 18th, our negotiating team returned to the table and got a new proposed deal from the contractors. That proposed deal is attached below, and will also be mailed to members.
The vote on this updated contract proposal will be held on Saturday, May 27, 2023. Members may vote at any of the following locations:
- 8:00am at DC 57 Union Hall (101 Ewing Rd, Carnegie, PA 15106)
- 9:00am at Electricians Local 712 Union Hall (217 Sassafras Lane Beaver, 15009)
- 9:00am at Castle Pub (122 N Center St, Ebensburg, PA 15931)
Some of the most relevant changes in the new contract proposal include:
- Raises of:
- $2.25, $2.50, and $2.90 for commercial painters.
- $2.75, $3.00, and $3.15 for industrial painters.
- $2.75, $3.25, and $3.90 for bridge painters.
- Double time on Sundays beginning 6/1/2024.
- All other changes and additions from the first contract proposal remain the same.
See the full details and allocation breakdowns in the proposal below; if you have any questions contact your business agent and check back for further updates.